"You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face and show the world all the love in your heart..." -Carole King

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Black and White Birthday Party

I love themed parties!  I decided to have a sophisticated winter birthday party and take it black and white for my 23rd.  I loved finding decorations and setting up.   I even asked my friends and family to all wear black and white. 

For a more elegant look, my sister and I bought a black lace fabric and placed it over a white sheet instead of a table cloth.  I bought carnations, wrapped the vase in black and white ribbon and just placed a string of pearls around it.


This was my favorite part.  I bought two chocolate truffles tied with a black ribbon at a local chocolate shop as a favor for each guest.  They looked so nice in the middle of the plates!

I picked many black and white foods.  The marble rye bread in the middle of the table looked black and white and we also had pasta with black olives and feta cheese (also great for my vegetarian friends and family!).   We even had Black Box Riesling. 



I bought black and white scrapbook paper and learned to make paper cranes from a youtube video.  I also tied ribbon around white votive candles. 




My mom made this fantastic birthday cake! 



Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialLadybird Ln







Lovely Crafty Home


No comments:

Post a Comment